Proceans High Performance sailing lines comply with British Standard BS 1891:1998 and European Standard EN 1891 for low stretch kernmantel ropes. View Standard in PDF Format.
Proceans high performance double braided polyester sailing ropes are manufactured by The Huakai Ocean Science and Technology Company.
Huaki is the appointed supplier of rope for the Volvo Round The World Race
Huakai is a highly respected manufacturer of quality, patented rope products, predominantly supplying aerospace, underwater research, search & rescue organisations and the Navy in various countries. Huakai has been continuously manufacturing rope since 1922.
High performance double braided polyester is suitable for all applications where low stretch and low creep is essential such as highspeed winching, halyards and sheets.
Proceans high performance ropes have a unique, patented high strength polyester core which grips both layers together preventing slip or stretch.
All rope components are manufactured on high speed, imported European braiding equipment using A grade filaments. Each filament shipment is multi-checked against standard for:
- Lineal strength
- Twist strength
- Melting temperature
- Moisture resistance
- UV resistance
Quality assurance is performed on finished ropes by batch to ensure breaking strains meet published standards.
Proceans high performance polyester double braided rope:
- A single core of patented, non slip, hollow braided white polyester filament. The core quality is paramount to the breaking strength.
- 20% heavier than standard double braided polyester rope
- A cover layer which increases the handling, twist minimization and abrasion/UV resistance quality of the rope.
- Excellent knotability
- Complies with British Standard BS 1891:1998 and European Standard EN 1891 for low stretch kernmantel ropes.
- Low stretch
- Low creep - 4 X 24 braid cover.
- High UV rating
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Rot, mildew and chemical resistant
- Soft feel