Dyneema Core (UHMWPE) Halyard w Poly Cover
Proceans halyards are made from a Dyneema® braided core (UHMWPE) then covered in a patented material which grips the two layers of braided polyester with the super strong core.
This unique layer prevents slipping. The material will still grip the core and outer layers even when stripped to reduce weight etc.
Each halyard is finished with a 25mm spliced and whipped eye.
They are ideal replacements for headsails, main halyards and premium sheets. They are easy to winch and soft to touch.
Our Dyneema® halyards are:
- High Strength: On a weight for weight basis, Dyneema® is 15 times stronger than steel wire
- Light Weight: Size for size, Dyneema® is 8 times lighter than steel wire.
- Unique patented layer to grip core and cover.
- Water Resistant: Dyneema® is hydrophobic and does not absorb water, remaining dry when working in wet conditions
- Chemical Resistant: Dyneema® is chemically inert, and performs well in dry, wet, salty and tropical conditions
- UV Resistant: Dyneema® has excellent UV resistance (SPF 40)
- Core Material: UHMWPE 12 strand
- Cover Material: The cover is made of a hardwearing, double braided polyester which protects the core from abrasion and UV radiation (SPF 50)
- Loop End: 25mm eye spliced and whipped
- End Termination: Melted end
- Spliceable: Can be spliced with a double braid splice
- Strippable: Can be stripped for added weight savings
- Feel: Smooth and simple to handle/winch