Proceans’ Hi-Tech lines are manufactured by The Huakai Ocean Science and Technology Company.
Huakai is a highly respected manufacturer of quality, patented rope products, predominantly supplying aerospace, underwater research, search and rescue organisations and the Navy in various countries. Huakai has been continuously manufacturing rope since 1922
Huaki is the appointed supplier of ropes for the Volvo Round The World Race
Proceans’ Hi-Tech lines are made from a Dyneema® braided core (UHMWPE) then covered in a patented material which grips the two layers of braided polyester with the super strong core.
This unique layer prevents slipping. The material will still grip the core and outer layers even when stripped to reduce weight etc.
They are ideal replacements for headsail and main halyards and premium sheets. They are easy to winch and soft to touch.
Our Proceans’ Hi-Tech lines are:
- High Strength: On a weight for weight basis, Dyneema® is 15 times stronger than steel wire
- Light Weight: Size for size, Dyneema® is 8 times lighter than steel wire.
- Unique patented layer to grip core and cover.
- Water Resistant: Dyneema® is hydrophobic and does not absorb water, remaining dry when working in wet conditions
- Chemical Resistant: Dyneema® is chemically inert, and performs well in dry, wet, salty and tropical conditions
- UV Resistant: Dyneema® has excellent UV resistance (SPF 40)
- Core Material: Dyneema SK99 1600 fibre
- Cover Material: The cover is made of a hardwearing, double braided polyester which protects the core from abrasion and UV radiation (SPF 50)
- End Termination: Melted end
- Spliceable: Can be spliced with a double braid splice
- Strippable: Can be stripped for added weight savings
- Feel: Smooth and simple to handle/winch