Proceans UHMWPE has guaranteed breaking loads with test certificates (see below). Unlike some merchants we never overstate breaking loads due to both safety and honesty.
Proceans’ Hi-Tech Sailing lines are manufactured by The Huakai Ocean Science and Technology Company.
Huakai is a highly respected manufacturer of quality, patented rope products, predominantly supplying aerospace, underwater research, search and rescue organisations and the Navy in various countries. Huakai has been continuously manufacturing rope since 1922.
Huaki is the appointed supplier of ropes for the Volvo Round The World Race
Proceans Dyneema (UHMWPE) rope is made of Ultra-High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene fibre. The rope is woven using 6 separate "S" and 6 separate "Z" strands, which prevents the rope from unwinding. The rope is hollow woven, making it easy to splice. See 12 strand splicing video on You Tube
Proceans Dyneema (UHMWPE) 12 strand braided UHMWPE rope is:
- super strong, widely used in the field of aeronautical and marine applications.
- recommended for use as lifelines on coastal and offshore sailing boats. It is easy to splice and tie into various marine knots.
- coated with a waxy finish to reduce both abrasion and UV radiation, as well as facilitates comfortable handling. It is extremely safe to use under load as there is limited backlash energy.
Properties of Proceans Dyneema
- Material: UHMWPE SK99 1600
- Construction: 12 strand braided, hollow core
- Treatment: Marine coating finish for offshore use
- Specific Density: 0.975 (Floats)
- Temperature resistance: 70°C max continuous
- Melting Point: 145°C
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- UV Protection: Excellent - UP Factor 40+
- Dry & wet conditions: wet strength = dry strength
- Elongation at 50% of breaking load: 3.4%
- Spliced strength: ±10%
- Weight and length tolerance: ±5%
- Minimum Breaking Load: Conforms to ISO 2307
|Unit Of Measure||m|