STINGER SUITS IN STOCKClick Here
Our quality is guaranteed. Your boat deserves the best.
Proceans double braided polyester sailing ropes are manufactured by The Huakai Ocean Science and Technology Company.
Huaki is the appointed supplier of rope for the Volvo Round The World Race
Huakai is a highly respected manufacturer of quality, patented rope products, predominantly supplying aerospace, underwater research, search & rescue organisations and the Navy in various countries. Huakai has been continuously manufacturing rope since 1922.
Double braided polyester is suitable for sailing sheets, fender lines and mooring/docking lines. It is also suitable for general purpose use where hand feel is required.
All rope components are manufactured on high speed, imported European braiding equipment using A grade filaments. Each filament shipment is multi-checked against standard for:
- Lineal strength
- Twist strength
- Melting temperature
- Moisture resistance
- UV resistance
Quality assurance is performed on finished ropes by batch to ensure breaking strains meet published standards.
Proceans polyester double diamond braided rope has:
- A single core of hollow braided white polyester filament with an outer diamond braid cover (a rope within a rope, hence the expression double braided). The core quality is paramount to the breaking strength which it shares with the cover. The cover increases the handling, twist minimization and abrasion/UV resistance quality of the rope.
- 25% less elasticity than nylon rope
- High UV rating
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Rot, mildew and chemical resistant
- Polyester has a soft silky feel
- Polyester rope does not float
The number of braids in the outer core refers to the design of the diamond pattern. The more weaves in the outer braid the stiffer the rope. For example a 10mm normal performance rope has 2 X 16 braids while a 10mm high performance rope has 4 X 24 braids.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|